LESSON PLAN YEAR 3 (READING)
Theme: World of Knowledge
Learning Standards: 2.2.2 Able to read and understand phrases and sentences in linear and non-
2.2.4 Able to read and understand a paragraph with simple and compound
Objectives: By the end of the lesson, pupils will be able to:
(i) talk about difference types of trees
(ii) pronounce the target words correctly
(iii) answer the Wh-questions
(iv) fill in the blanks with guided answers.
Cross-curricular elements: Thinking Skills
Teaching Aids: reading text, word cards
1. Teacher gets pupils to name the trees that they know.
2. Pupils talk about the trees.
3. Teacher introduces the vocabulary for the topic.
e.g trunk, leaves, bridge, fruit, flesh, broom
4. Teacher reads the text aloud followed by pupils.
5. One of the pupils reads the text and the others repeat after him / her.
6. Pupils answer the Wh-questions orally.
Eg: What can be made from the trunk?
Which part of the coconut tree can be eaten?
7. Pupils complete a task sheet (Fill in the blanks with guided answers.)
8. In groups, pupils draw the tree on the manila card and label it.
9. They present their works to the class.