LESSON PLAN YEAR 3 (WRITING)
Theme: World of Knowledge
Learning Standards: 3.1.1 Able to write in neat legible print with correct spelling :
(b) simple sentences
3.2.2 Able to write with guidance
(a) simple sentences
Objectives: By the end of the lesson, pupils will be able to:
(i) write simple sentences based on the words heard
(ii) spell the words correctly
Cross-curricular elements: Constructivism
1. Teacher shows a picture of mango tree and gets pupils to talk about it.
2. Teacher writes down the pupils’ ideas on the whiteboard.
3. Teacher emphasizes on how to write the simple sentence.
4. Teacher explains how to play the game called ‘Broken Message’.
5. Pupils are divided in group of five and play the games.
6. Pupils present their answers.
7. Teacher checks their answers.
8. Pupils exchange their messages with another group.
9. Pupils write the messages in their exercise books.
Sample of Broken Message.
- Coconut is a tall tree. It has a hard trunk. The leaves are green. It is a very useful tree.
- Papaya tree has a soft trunk. The fruits are sweet. It has many seeds. The seeds are black.