Friday, 9 November 2012

LITERATURE STORY ON 'THE CARING TREE'

A LONG TIME AGO, THERE WAS A HUGE TREE. A LITTLE BOY LOVED TO COME AND PLAY AROUND IT EVERYDAY. HE CLIMBED TO THE TREETOP , ATE THE FRUITS AND TOOK A NAP UNDER ITS SHADOW. HE LOVED THE TREE AND THE TREE LOVED TO PLAY WITH HIM.

TIME WENT BY, THE LITTLE BOY HAD GROW UP N HE NO LONGER PLAYED AROUND THE TREE EVERYDAY,

ONE DAY, THE BOY CAME BACK TO THE TREE N HE LOOKED SAD.
'COME N PLAY WITH ME,' THE TREE ASKED THE BOY.
'I,M NO LONGER A KID, I DO NOT PLAY AROUND TREES ANYMORE,' THE BOY REPLIED. ' I WANT TOYS. I NEED SOME MONEY TO BUY THEM.'
'SORRY, BUT I DO NOT HAVE ANY MONEY. YOU CAN PICK ALL MY FRUITS N SELL THEM. THEN YOU WILL HAVE MONEY,' SAID THE TREE.

THE BOY WAS SO EXCITED. HE PLUCKED ALL THE FRUITS ON THE TREE N LEFT HAPPILY.

HOWEVER, THE BOY FAILED TO CAME BACK FOR A VERY LONG TIME. THE TREE WAS SAD.

ONE DAY, THE BOY, WHO WAS NOW A YOUNG MAN, RETURNED. THE TREE WAS VERY EXCITED TO SEE HIM AGAIN.

'COME AND PLAY WITH ME,' SAID THE TREE.
'I DO NOT HAVE A TIME TO PLAY. I HAVE TO WORK FOR MY FAMILY. WE NEED A HOUSE FOR SHELTER. CAN YOU HELP ME?' ASKED THE YOUNG MAN.

'SORRY, BUT I DO NOT HAVE A HOUSE,' ANSWERED THE TREE.
'OH, THANK YOU,' SAID THE MAN.

SO THE MAN CUT ALL THE BRANCHES OF THE TREE AND LEFT HAPPILY. THE TREE WAS LEFT LONELY AGAIN AND SAD FOR A LONG TIME.

ONE FINE DAY, THE MAN RETURNED AND TREE WAS DELIGHTED.
' COME AND PLAY WITH ME!' THE TREE SAID.
' I AM GETTING OLD. I WANT TO GO SAILING TO RELAX MYSELF. CAN YOU GIVE ME A BOAT?' ASKED THE MAN.

'USE MY TRUNK TO BUILD YOUR BOAT. YOU CAN SAIL FAR AWAY AND BE HAPPY,' ANSWERED THE TREE.
SO THE MAN CUT THE TREE TRUNK TO MAKE A BOAT.
HE WENT SAILING AND AGAIN HE NEVER SHOWED UP FOR A LONG TIME.

FINALLY THE MAN RETURNED AFTER MANY YEARS. HE LOOKED WEAK AND OLD.
' SORRY MY BOY. BUT I DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING FOR YOUR NOW. NOT EVEN FRUITS,' THE TREE SAID.
' NO PROBLEM. I DO NOT HAVE ANY TEETH TO BITE,' THE MAN REPLIED.
' NO MORE TRUNK FOR YOU CLIMB ON,' CONTINUED THE TREE.
' I AM TOO OLD FOR THAT NOW,' THE MAN SAID.
' I REALLY CANNOT GIVE YOU ANYTHING. THE ONLY THING LEFT IS MY DYING ROOT,' THE TREE SAID WITH TEAR.
' I DO NOT NEED MUCH NOW. JUST A PLACE TO REST. I AM TIRED AFTER ALL THESE YEARS,' THE MAN REPLIED.
' GOOD! OLD TREE ROOTS ARE THE BEST PLACE TO LEAN ON AND REST. COME SIT DOWN WITH ME AND REST,' SAID THE TREE.

THE MAN SIT DOWN LEANING ON THE ROOTS. THE TREE WAS GLAD AND SMILED WITH TEARS.......

10 comments: